This is short info on our upcoming game - Shards - we are working on. The game will be clone of well known arcade classic with glassy look and very nice fractal backgrounds. The music in video is just a placeholder I found on the web - it sounds to make me sure the sound engine works.
Making the game we are using these technologies:
- box2D for physics,
- notice the usage of our universal box2D debug draw that works for Open GL ES 1.x and 2.0,
- our cross platform engine - the video is taken from desktop Windows while the game runs on Android as well,
- PicOpt - our sprite atlas creation tool that is free to download,
- for Android NDK: textures are loaded through this way, while sound (not too much of them in the game presently) is coded like this,
- for ads we plan to utilize our simple ads manager.